1. At the VNIIZhT Experimental Ring there were conducted operating tests of experimental elements made of PCM Oxafen:
- wear-resistant gaskets in the shape of disks for the "canter plate-baseplate" assembly of the bolster beam of the cargo railway car trolley;
- wear-resistant liners for friction wedges of the vibration dampener assembly of the cargo railway car trolley.
In the process of operation, the listed elements experience significant dynamic, static, impact and frictional effects.
2. The performed operating tests of gaskets in the shape of disks made of Oxafen material for the base plates of bolster beams showed that the usage of these gaskets can provide maintenance-free operation of the supporting assembly "center plate-baseplate" of the cargo railway car trolley under the conditions of the total network mileage of not less than 500 thousand km.
3. The measurement of the relative friction coefficient of the spring suspension unit of the trolley equipped with friction wedges with liners, carried out in accordance with the VNIIZhT standard procedure, showed that the average value of the indicator (coefficient) corresponds to the level for the loaded mode of operation for railway cars, standardized in accordance with GOST 9246-03.
4. A preliminary analysis of the results of tests of the experimental liners for friction wedges made of Oxafen material showed that they are operable in the friction unit of the vibration dampener of the cargo railway car trolley. With a railway car mileage at the VNIIZhT Experimental Ring corresponding to 300 thousand km of the total network mileage, the wear and tear of the beam-wedge friction couple is within the standard values. When using liners for friction wedges made of Oxafen material, the wear and tear of the surfaces of the bolster beam and the friction wedge can be minimized.